Struggling with the East Coast cold snap? Looking to get a little more mileage out of all that expired holiday cheer? Not to worry: our own Naomi Sedgwick is here with the ultimate cold-weather feel-good beverage. Watch the video (or read below) to learn how to make vegan peppermint hot cocoa!
- 2 cups of oat milk (or any milk preference)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup of vegan chocolate chips
- vegan whipped cream
- Pour oat milk into a pot and stir.
- Add cocoa powder and coconut sugar; stir.
- Add vanilla and peppermint extract. You guessed it: stir!
- Add vegan chocolate chips and stir until they are melted.
- Top with vegan whipped cream!