The weather outside may be dreary, but that doesn't mean we have to settle for humdrum food. Want something fun and colorful to delight your palate? Try this recipe for pink-and-purple unicorn noodles!
- 1/4 purple cabbage
- 1/2 lemon
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 packet of glass noodles
Here's what you do:
- Chop cabbage into strips (don't use the white spine) and put it in a pot with the water.
- Bring to a boil on medium to high heat; cook for about 10-15 minutes, or until tender and glassy
- Mix and scoop out the large bits of cabbage; add noodles and cook for about 5 - 10 minutes
- Drain and separate into 3 bowls; add lemon to 2 of the bowls—the more lemon will make the noodles go pink, while less lemon means the noodles will remain more blue-purple
- Mix the different-colored noodles together and serve with your favourite vegetables and noodle toppings