Summer is my favorite time of the year. The sun is shining, the pools are open, and magic is in the air. If you’re feeling uninspired, try a couple things from our bucket list of things we want to do this summer!
1. Watch a movie outdoors
Bring your iPad to the park or kick it old school by going to a drive-in!
2. Have a picnic by a lake
Don’t forget the picnic basket and checkered blanket.
3. Catch a bug and let it go
Fill a jar with fireflies, if you’re feeling particularly adventurous.
4. Do the perfect pool handstand
Grab some friends and have a contest to see whose is best!
5. Read a book on the deck or with all the windows in your house open
There’s something magical about reading outdoors!
6. Eat a popsicle
Bonus points if you eat one that you made yourself!
7. Drink a delicious and refreshing beverage from a pineapple
This will put you in the summer mood for sure.
8. Pick fruit straight off a tree
It just tastes better.
9. Jump into the water from a rope swing
Face your fears and have a good scream!
10. Scream your head off on a roller coaster
Don’t forget to put your arms up!
11. Make a sandcastle
Stop at the dollar store for shovels, molds, and tools!
12. Take a nap in a hammock
You are guaranteed to sleep 56% better in a hammock than a bed
13. Tie dye a shirt
Or your bedsheets, or a dress! (Here’s how.)
14. Go yard sale shopping on a Saturday
See what kind of unique treasures you can find!
15. Volunteer at an animal shelter
Playing with animals is good for the soul. (Seriously: it’s science.)
16. Eat a slice of watermelon (or 12)
Nothing says summer like watermelon juice dribbling down your chin.
17. Bake something new
It’s time to try out all those recipes you’ve been pinning on Pinterest! Don’t forget to snag a willing taste-tester… or 20.
18. Stay hydrated
During those hot days it’s important to guzzle H20!
19. Stargaze with someone special
Drive to the middle of nowhere, throw a blanket on the hood of the car, and take in the universe.
20. Paint your toes a bright color
Or even 10 bright colors!
21. Walk barefoot in the grass
Connecting with nature keeps you grounded.
22. Use sidewalk chalk
Gather your friends and get creative!
23. Spend a night reading a book while listening to a thunderstorm
It’s the perfect ambiance for a juicy mystery.
24. Try a new sport
Tennis, jogging, rugby—whatever gets you up and going.
25. Pick wildflowers for someone you love
Just make sure they’re not from somebody’s garden!
26. Write a short story
Two pages will take no time at all. Next up: a novel!
27. Climb a tree
Throw it back to your childhood roots! (Pun intended.)
28. Visit a bookstore
Pillage your fave section—or, if you’re feeling adventurous, try out a whole new genre!
29. Drink your morning coffee on the front porch
Take in the morning air while getting that much-needed dose of caffeine. Ahhhh...
30. Attend a baseball game
It’s the perfect cute date!
What’s on your summer bucket list? Tell us in the comments!